KALI DHARMA X SHAKTI DHARMA

by PostModernity's Red-Headed Step-Child

"Um, yeh, like, I'd like to exchange this paradigm? It's tew scratch-ehy."

25.12.08

Mom Does Not Usually Share My Proclivity for the Vernacular

This conversation took place on Dec. 23, 2008.

Me: Sorry I've been short today. It's hard right now, keeping up a happy face when I have no interview at MLA. Sure, I get to go to San Francisco, tour about, see some friends, which is peaches; but good God, this trying not hope, and then hoping anyway, and then nothing. This is about as Zen as I get about it. I try not to get attached to the possiblility of a job, but then I do. Just sucks sometimes.

Fleur de Bretagne: Well ... honey, I say you finish the two books this spring, and then just shit-can the whole thing! Go to Europe for a month or two, see your cousins, and reimagine yourself. It's more emotional trouble than it's worth.

Me: Shit-can? (which, as a verb, is hyphenated)

Fleur: Well, I mean it.

(I'm feeling MUCH better about the whole sitch after That!)

1 comment:

Margaret Howard said...

This is why I love your mother. My God. That's what I call unconditional love.