KALI DHARMA X SHAKTI DHARMA

by PostModernity's Red-Headed Step-Child

"Um, yeh, like, I'd like to exchange this paradigm? It's tew scratch-ehy."

9.1.09

Hemingway Update--Really Not Good

So, um, let me catch you up as fast as I can. Hemingway had both knees replaced on the 29th. He's been home four days. The first day was good, but he felt happy to be some and was taking Percocet every 4 hours, so he did too much. Next day, not so good. Dizzy and massive drops in blood pressure every time he got vertical, like by half. On Tuesday afternoon, the wooziness stuck with him for several hours, and he looked like candle wax, even while in bed. Oh, there was that moment when he almost passed out on me, listed over, mumbled, and I thought he was having a stroke, but then he righted himself. And then, there's the hallucinations, which seemed minor, but are bothersome. So, he might be dehydrated. So, I pumped him full of water, 10oz an hour, and that's better now. But, his heart's out of rhythm today, so it might be too much Sotenol. And it might be that his blood's too thin, so the Cumidin level is off because his diet and habits are totally different right now since he's not hungry like usual and hasn't had so much a single beer in two weeks.

And, oh yeah, it might be that he has a BLOOD CLOT in his lungs -- which is not one bit OK because that's like being right next to death. Meanwhile, he can talk and we got him into the car by wheeling him in his office chair, and so Fleur and Hemingway are off to the hospital to get this all sorted. Kinda hard to do your physical therapy, or eat, or pee, if you're totally out of whack. Weird thing is that yesterday he was kinda more steady, and today his BP is kinda all over the place, sometimes normal for him, and sometimes as low as mine, which for him is really not at all good.

Basically, if you send metta, or prana, or mojo, or pray -- keep lots of thoughts and send them for him. The local hospital is NOT my first choice for this level of care. Because this, well, this just sucks.

I am both scared and angry as hell. So, between my unhappy heart and having all the rest of my energy focused on my dad, if I'm not calling or writing you back, just know it's really not personal. I'm just much too tied up here.

No comments: